Sunday, January 15, 2012

Krew's Surgery

Today was Friday the 13th - what a perfect day for surgery right!? Haha...well luckily I'm not very superstitious or else I would have rescheduled. This was a surgery that we have been anticipating/dreading for the past year of Krew's life. When he was born, one of his testicles never descended. They hoped that it would come down on its own, but it never did - so that meant surgery. Surgery!? Yes, I began to freak when I found out it was something that was going to have to happen. 

After Krew turned a year old was the ideal time to get the procedure done - so today, 13 1/2 months old - it was done. I am happy to say that his surgery went amazingly well! It was a successful surgery and he now has "both boys" haha. He is actually up and playing as I type (something we didn't quite expect). But he's doing great.

I'm so happy the surgery is done and over with! May I add, being 31 weeks pregnant and having your 13 1/2 month old have surgery isn't the "ideal" situation - let's just say I had a few breakdowns today (dang pregnancy hormones, haha). Luckily Michael is an amazing Dad/Husband and stayed strong for all of us! Thanks babe :) And thanks to everyone who came and entertained us during his surgery (Mom, Phil, Trudi, and my Aunt Ray).  Thanks to everyone for their prayers - I know without a doubt that is why the surgery was so successful and why he is doing so great now.

 He sure did look cute in his little gown and footies!
 A fake smile from a worried momma!
Haha - such a cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment