Thursday, April 12, 2012

Harper Mae Simpson

Yesterday our little Harper had her 4 week birthday - I cannot believe it's almost been a month since she was born! She is such a great baby and we feel so lucky to have her in our family. Harper was born on March 14, 2012 @ 2:07PM. She weighed 7lb 40z, 19 1/2 inches long! 

Today is the day!
I didn't think I would last until 39 weeks because Krew came 3 1/2 weeks early. It was a LONG pregnancy and Harper definitely teased us a few times, I just knew she was going to come early. Little did I know she would make us wait. On March 13, Doctor Baker decided since I was dilated to a 4 to go ahead and deliver her the next day. We were supposed to report to the hospital @ 5AM the following day. I figured it would be a LONG day because with VBAC's they don't like to use a lot of pitocin. Any who, we ended up going in at 2AM because my contractions were getting stronger...and hey, I'm not going to lie - I was READY for that epidural ;)




The delivery:
With Krew I had a c-section. We had planned this whole pregnancy to do a VBAC and fortunately it was successful! It was such an awesome experience - a very emotional experience! Luckily my epidural worked great again. At around 1:30PM they checked me and I was almost to a 10 and informed me that we were almost ready to start pushing (by "we" I mean "me"). It all happened so fast! I pushed for about 40 minutes and finally she arrived!

 About 3 seconds after she was born



Side note:
So you always hear about those funny "probably not the right time to say that" moments. Oh boy do I have a good one. Michael is amazing. SO supportive, such an amazing Dad and Husband but during labor he definitely had one of those "probably not the best time to say that" moments :) So if you are a mom you know that pushing can be a little challenging. Long story short - my mom and Michael were holding back my legs while I was pushing. Michael decided in between contractions to go take a "breather" on the couch. I alerted him that my next contraction was getting ready to start so he needed to "get back to his job" haha. Of course he hopped right up to help but he also said the following statement: "my legs are tired" :) Of course, I preceded to say "YOUR legs are tired!?". The nurse and my mom preceded to say "probably not the best time to say that". It was actually pretty dang funny. I didn't get mad - I just laughed. (Michael says that the story wasn't that dramatic) :)

A few other Pictures:





 First family pic!

I love this picture :)




 Love my mom!

Again, I can't believe how time flies! Michael and I have been so blessed to have two amazing children!


1 comment:

  1. I DIED laughing at what Michael said during delivery. SO funny!!!!!

    ReplyDelete